Lucid Dreaming and Out-of-Body Experience, Part 5: Gateways to the Inner Self
Featuring Robert Waggoner, author of Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self
and Lucid Dreaming, Plain and Simple by Robert Waggoner and Caroline McCready
Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 6:30–9 p.m. at the Austin Center for Spiritual Living (map)
Presented as part of the INACS public education program
Free to members; $10 non-member donation appreciated
Please register at http://robertwaggoner.eventbrite.com
Video trailer for “Lucid Dreaming and Living Lucidly,” an online workshop featuring personal guidance and support from Robert Waggoner. The workshop is NOT associated with the April 15 presentation for INACS.
Join us on April 15 for the fifth presentation in our series exploring the relationship between lucid dreaming and out-of-body experience. Robert Waggoner, who has extensive documented experience with both lucid dreaming and out-of-body experience, will share his views as well as techniques he has found useful to attain them. Waggoner will be joining us in person at the Austin Center for Spiritual Living and will be available to respond to your questions.
During this presentation, Waggoner will explore the following questions in addition to your own:
- What is the relationship between lucid dreaming and out-of-body experience (OBE)?
- Do the experiences overlap in any way, and how are they different?
- What is happening in the mind and body during a lucid dream versus an OBE?
- What do lucid dreaming and out-of-body experience reveal about the nature of consciousness and the nature of reality?
- Can most people learn to explore these states? If so, how?
- Are there any potential dangers or safety issues in exploring lucid dreams and OBEs? What type of precautions should be taken?
- What are the potential benefits of lucid dreaming and OBE for the individual, society, and humanity?
“Beyond the symbols, beyond all appearances, beyond the dream, lies a real of pure awareness.” — Robert Waggoner
Author, teacher, and speaker Robert Waggoner is past president of the International Association for the Study of Dreams (IASD). A lucid dreamer since 1975, he has logged more than 1,000 lucid dreams. In his highly acclaimed book Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self, Robert shares a lifetime of lucid dreaming discoveries and adventures. For the last ten years, he has been the co-editor of the online magazine, The Lucid Dream Exchange, the only ongoing publication devoted specifically to lucid dreaming.
Waggoner frequently speaks on lucid dreaming at national and international dream conferences, workshops, and in college classrooms, including Sonoma State University, Iowa State University, University of Washington, and Evergreen State College. He was recently interviewed by ABC News as a lucid dream expert on the movie Inception. Waggoner also had a regular show on Iowa Public Radio, discussing dreams and lucid dreams. For more information about lucid dreaming presentations, workshops, a course lecture series, and other materials, please contact Mr. Waggoner via RobWaggoner@aol.com.