The Healing Effects of Color, Light Frequencies, and Art
Presented by Leanne Venier, BSME, MSOM
Co-hosted by INACS & IONS Austin
Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 6:30 p.m.
Austin Center for Spiritual Living
5555 N Lamar Blvd, Bldg D #115
Free and open to the public
Videography by Bob Price, PhD
Award-winning artist, scientist, and color therapist Leanne Venier discusses the healing effects of color, light frequencies, and art and how these relate to elevated consciousness. The talk includes:
- How our bodies absorb and use color and light frequencies;
- Latest scientific research and current medical applications for treating cancer and other illnesses using color and light;
- New studies and technology that support healing of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, autism, and other diseases and disorders;
- The science behind the healing effects of certain types of artwork;
- Why we need all the color frequencies found naturally in sunlight for optimum health;
- What are biophotons and why they are so important to optimal health and wellbeing;
- How color and consciousness are connected;
- Color attributes and how we can use them every day to prevent and heal illness. (Samples of Venier’s artwork will be on display for experiential purposes.)
“I’ve always been interested in how various colors are tied into our psyche and, more importantly, how they affect us on the physical and emotional levels,” says Venier. “We are, in fact, so influenced by color that by simply noticing which colors we’re drawn to at any given time, we can gain insight into where and how we need to bring balance back into our lives.”
Leanne Venier was a mechanical engineer designing submarines until a lifelong passion for healing and knowledge about consciousness drew her to the healing arts. This journey took her to Italy for seven years and back to the United States for advanced training as an acupuncturist and shiatsu practitioner. Six years ago, Venier started painting and left her healing practice to begin working as a professional artist. It is from this diverse background that Venier will present data gathered from 70 years of scientific research into the healing effects of color, light frequencies, and art.
Venier has exhibited her artwork and lectured at major medical centers on the healing effects of color and light frequencies and their role in medicine. She has been interviewed on Austin’s KUT and KOOP radio stations as well as WOAI-TV’s San Antonio Living Show (above) in regard to her artwork and its role in using color to heal. She has also served as a color healing consultant for the Austin State Hospital and conducted workshops on the healing effects of color for UT Medicine’s Cancer Therapy & Research Center in San Antonio.