Director of Research, Raymond Hawkins, PhD
- Psycho-Grapho Correlation Study
Raymond Hawkins, PhD, and Marcus Barnes, BS
This study examined the relationship between Jungian personality types and handwriting analysis. INACS received an $8,000 matching grant from a generous trustee to facilitate the project, which is now complete, and a paper has been submitted for approval in a peer-reviewed journal.
- Remote Searching – Baseline Studies
Jim King, BS, Jan Six, PhD, and Robert F. Price, PhD
This study examined whether scientific evidence collected under controlled conditions supports the validity of remote searching (dowsing), a form of remote viewing. In 2012 INACS was awarded the Warcollier Prize, including a $3,000 grant, for the concept from the International Remote Viewing Association. The project is complete, and a paper has been submitted for approval in a peer-reviewed journal.
- Healing by Lucid Dreaming – Pilot Studies
Jim King, BS.
Our next major study uses lucid dreaming as a self-healing modality. Clinical trials will combine lucid dream induction with dream environment queries to address a number of psychological and physical maladies. Success of such a study will help establish the power and utility of healing by mental methods (e.g., lucid dreaming). Our initial efforts supporting the clinical trials study include three pilot studies comprising feasibility experiments to test tools which will be used in that study.
- Pilot Study 1. This study aims to establish a “proof of principle” for a method of altering normal sleep patterns. Our research questions are (a) can sleep be systematically induced in subjects during daytime hours; (b) can the subject remain asleep for two complete sleep cycles.
- Pilot Study 2. This study aims to establish a “proof of principle” for a method of inducing lucidity in dreamers by means of frequency stimulation of the brain, using a binaural beat method. Our research question asks:
1) Can we induce lucidity in dreamers by stimulating their brains aurally in a narrow-band brainwave frequency range?
- Pilot Study 3. This study aims to establish a “proof of principle”, using a questionnaire answering the following questions:
a) Did the subject attained lucidity as defined in the questionnaire?
b) Did the subject interact with the dream environment as previously instructed during waking awareness (pre-experimentation)?
c) Can the above methods be combined into an integrated system which can be used, with appropriate pre-stimulus training, to induce a subject (1) to fall asleep during the daytime and (2) both to become lucid and to query the dream environment for assistance?
Studies of Interest
- Developmental Dyscalculia
Jim King, BS
Developmental Dyscalculia is a neurological dysfunction that causes great difficulty in some students in learning how to understand math concepts and calculate solutions to mathematical problems. We intend to explore some suitable remedies for this difficulty.
Members of INACS who are working on a project or book in that is in keeping with the Institute’s mission may apply for a QuickStart Grant of up to $1,000.