Cymatics—The Science of Sound
Presented by Mandara Cromwell, DCBM
Co-hosted by INACS and IONS Austin
Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 6:30 p.m.
Austin Center for Spiritual Living
5555 N Lamar Blvd, Bldg D #115
Free and open to the public
Could harnessing one of the most powerful energies in the Universe, SOUND, lead us to the medicine of the future? Today, with modern technology and the science of Cymatics we can now visibly observe the sea of frequency and vibration that surrounds us. In this presentation we will trace healing and sacred sound through history, from the ancient to modern day sound technologies in medicine.
Through the science of Cymatics we will:
- SEE sound structure materialize—as audible frequencies animate inert powders, pastes, and liquids into lifelike flowing forms and figures found in sacred art and architecture;
- HEAR harmonics and subharmonics that create a sacred space for healing and rejuvenation;
- FEEL REVITALIZED as we bathe in a sonic atmosphere of healing frequencies;
- UNDERSTAND the power we each have to create, sustain and destroy elements in our personal worlds through sound;
- IMPLEMENT practical approaches for creating greater harmony in life by becoming more aware of those unconscious vibrations that we constantly allow throughout our day and replace them with healing sound vibrations.
Mandara Cromwell is the founder and board chair of the International Sound Therapy Association (ISTA); producer of the annual Cymatics ~ The Science of Sound and Vibrational Healing Conference; president and CEO of Cyma Technologies, Inc.; and a 2013 Edison Awards™ nominee in the Science/Medical category for the AMI750 device.
Experiencing a love for Gregorian chant as a child, Cromwell continued on her sound journey after college, traveling to India to study Sanskrit chant, yoga and meditation. Years later she was introduced to the world of Cymatics with the meeting of Dr. Peter Guy Manners, a British osteopath who discovered audible soundwave frequency patterns that effect cellular regeneration. Manners worked in collaboration with a group of scientists and medical doctors, for decades, formulating biosignatures and healing frequencies for each part and function of the body. These “cymatic signatures” create cellular symphonies that nurture and nourish our body, mind, and spirit, resulting in a state of harmonious health. Since Manners’ passing in 2009, Cyma Technologies continues the research and development of therapeutic sound devices implementing therapeutic audible frequencies. Cromwell lectures on behalf of ISTA, which is dedicated both to increasing the public’s awareness of the power of thoughts, words, and sound and to promoting therapeutic sound modalities to the healing world.
In addition to a bachelor of arts in Art History and a doctorate in Cymatic and Bioenergetic Medicine, Cromwell holds professional certifications in Ayurvedic Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TMI), yoga, Qi Gong, and Reiki.